Whenever a person resident out of India does any transaction in India, or a resident of India does a transaction out of India, apart from the tax angle which is widely publicised and to some extent understood, such a transaction has to also comply with the foreign exchange law of the country i.e. FEMA.
- Advisory on re-designation on accounts on change of residential status
- Advisory on purchase/sale of immovable property in India by non-resident or purchase/sale of immovable property outside India by resident
- Advisory on global investing under RBI’s Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS)
- Advisory on repatriation of money outside India
- Representation to RBI for seeking confirmation/approval for a particular transaction